Wednesday, July 18, 2012

"Hi"

So, multiple times a day, when I have Zoey in front of me on my lap, I use some of that time to say different words to her over and over. She already does so much "talking" and when she makes a sound that sounds like an actual word, I will say that word to her a few times. One of the words that I always bring up is "Hi". I'll ask, "Can you say 'Hi', 'Hhhiii'? Can you say 'Hi Mama'?". Well, the exposure seems to be making a difference because sometimes she says "Hi"!! 

Just in case you don't believe me, here is a snippet from one of the Franciscan Parent Connection emails I get from Franciscan Health Systems Family Birth Center: 

"Week 14 of your baby's infancy...While he may not say his first word for quite a while yet, your baby is already learning to talk. You may have noticed that your baby pays close attention when you talk or sing to him, even trying to copy the sounds that you make..."

Anyway, I say all of that because, although I had heard "Hi" slip out a few times, Michael hadn't. He wasn't aware of the extent to which I have been practicing with Zoey and today, while talking to her like usual, he asked her "Can you say 'Hi'?" And Zoey responded with an enthusiastic, "Hi!" The look on his face was priceless!! He let out a huge gasp and looked at me. I started laughing and said "I know, right?!" It was hilarious!

While I hope Michael doesn't feel like he's missing out on too much, I really am excited about all of the things he is going to come home and be surprised by! Zoey and I are hard at work here while he is hard at work at the office :)

My sweet girl, waking up from her nap.

Graciously allowing me to take her picture.

"OK, that's enough Mom. I'm still sleepy."

I had to include this last picture because it speaks to what Zoey is up to these days. I put her down ON her mat, went into the kitchen for a few minutes, and when I came back she was not only facing a different direction, but she was off of the mat completely! My little stinker bug is on the move! :)

She squirmed her way right out of the jungle!

No comments:

Post a Comment