Friday, July 20, 2012

Rainy Day Recess

Today reminded me of those days in grade school when it was raining or still too wet outside to have recess. We'd have "rainy day recess" in the classroom and would play games, color, do puzzles, etc. Well, today our rainy weather returned and that meant rainy day recess for the puppies. They have become accustomed to running around in the yard all day, and on days like this, they just look so sad! 

"We can't run around outside, we can't run around inside...welp, might as well take a nap."

Fortunately, Zoey didn't let the rain get her down. She used her time inside to practice rolling over from her back onto her stomach. She hasn't quite made it all the way over (her head and arm are keeping her from it), but that hasn't stopped her from continuing to try! Over and over today, she would stretch her neck back and easily roll onto her side. Once there, she would use her legs to teeter back and forth. She eventually got her legs and tummy to touch the ground, but she can't lift her head to help push her all the way over. I captured some video of her trying, but I'm working on getting it uploaded (I actually uploaded it, but it's a little fuzzy and there's no sound! :( Bear with me, I'll get it soon!). For now, I have some pictures of her efforts :)

Head back, legs workin'

She's pretty much there!

Her legs made it, her tummy's almost flat on the ground. 
It's her left arm and her head that are keeping her "stuck". 

It was so fun watching her try again and again. I don't know if she actually wants to get onto her stomach (that would result in "tummy time"!) or if her body just wants to move. She is so curious about everything and you can already tell that she can't wait to be mobile and go exploring!

No comments:

Post a Comment