This morning Zoey and I woke up well rested and happy. After breakfast, something told me to call the hotel we were going to be staying at in Cle Elum, to see what time check-in was. I planned to arrive close to 2:00 and wanted to make sure that wasn't too late. The LAST thing I needed was to show up and find out that they'd given my room away! Well, after talking with the lady at the front desk, I found out that check-in wasn't until 4:00! I almost dropped the phone! The wedding was at 5:00 and I needed to be in the room to set up all of our stuff, take a shower and get Zoey and I ready! After gathering my thoughts, I politely asked the lady if there was any way I could get into my room sooner. She informed me that the earliest the room could possibly be cleaned and ready, was 3:00. Still not good enough. Where was I going to go for an hour (a wasted hour!)? After more begging and convincing, I got her to at least take down my name and room number, and she said she'd try to have the cleaning ladies get to my room sooner. All I could do was say "Thank you" and pray that I would have a place to go when we got into town...
Ugh! I always hate leaving my mom's house, but this time I really didn't want to go. It seemed like today was going to end up as stressful as yesterday :( Eventually, after a bit of stalling, I had Zoey and I all packed up and ready to go.
It's always a comfy stay at Chateau Anderson!
The drive to Cle Elum went very smoothly and, at a speed of 70 mph, very quickly, too. When we pulled into the hotel parking lot, I gripped the steering wheel and prayed that our room was ready. I walked up to the front desk, purposely facing Zoey towards the front desk clerk, hoping that she'd take pity on such an adorable girl's mommy. After I explained who I was, the clerk pulled up my information and informed that my room was not ready yet. Before I could drop to the floor and cry myself one of those rivers people are always talking about, she explained that there was a clean room available that she'd be happy to put me in! Hooray!! I gladly accepted and snatched up my room key and the luggage cart. We were in!
I managed to get the wobbly cart out to the car and loaded everything, including Zoey, onto it. I carefully zigzagged my way to our room and did a happy dance after the door closed behind me!
Zoey Rae=the best piece of "luggage" I have!
Once I finally stopped and took a look around, I was pleasantly surprised at the size and condition of our room.
Along with a king sized bed, there was this "sitting room".
A cute little "bar".
And plenty of room to set up the Pack 'n' Play!
The first order of business was to feed Zoey. After that, I set everything up and prepared to start getting ready.
There was even a Rain shower head in the shower!
When I got out of the shower, I saw that Zoey looked like she was dozing in the Pack 'n' Play. I thought it would be a good idea to put her in her dress before she fell asleep, so I wouldn't have to wake her to do it later.
(Note about the dress: I originally bought her dress weeks ago in a size 6 months. A few days ago I realized that the 6 month was a little too big; she hadn't quite grown as much as I'd anticipated. So, when I was at Macy's looking for a dress for myself, I bought her the exact same dress, but in size 3 month. Well, when I was packing our things at the house, I forgot her 6 month dress (and a few others I was considering) in her closet. Luckily, last night, after a brief moment of panic, I remembered that I had left the 3 month dress from Macy's in the trunk! My forgetfulness had actually paid off for a change! Phew!)
So, I changed Zoey into her dress and put her back down so she could go to sleep. Of course she no longer wanted anything to do with sleep and wouldn't even let me leave her in the Pack 'n' Play like before. So, I decided to lay her on the bed and continued to get ready. When I turned around to check on her, this is what I found...
"No, Zoey! You're not supposed to EAT the dress!"
My brilliant plan to change her early had backfired. Each time I'd pull the dress down, away from her face, she'd pull it right back up and continue sucking on it! Oh well, at least no one expects infants to be wrinkle and slobber free! Right?
Finally, at 4:10, just like I'd planned, we were ready to leave for the Resort. Suncadia or Bust!!







No comments:
Post a Comment