1) After waking up and getting us both dressed, I had until noon to complete the first round of getting Zoey and I packed up for our two nights away from home (tonight at my mom's and tomorrow at the hotel in Cle Elum, for the wedding). I started with Zoey's overnight bag and her Pack 'n' Play, and before I knew it, it was time to leave for the groomer.
2) (My mom's only requirement for watching the dogs overnight was that they not be smelly messes!) I got Kiwi and Harper to the groomer right at 12:30, just in time for their appointment. I had Zoey's car seat stuffed into a Petco shopping cart that I struggled to steer as I wrangled both dogs into the tiny grooming area of the store. All four of us barely fit through the door!
3) On the way back home (to continue packing), I had to pull over and feed Zoey. The first/best place I could find...a parking spot to the right of a huge dumpster, behind a random building. Lovely.
4) When we got back home it was time to make sure I had my bag packed (I was bringing 3 of my own dresses because I still hadn't found a new one! Yes, the wedding is tomorrow!) As I was loading everything into the car, I received a call from Petco saying the dogs were ready (@ 2:30, about an hour early). I looked around to make sure I had everything. Pack 'n' Play: Check! Zoey's bag: Check! My bag: Check! Dog food, bowls and blanket: Check, check, check! Snacks for the road: Check! 30 diapers and Twinkle the giraffe: Check and Check! Zoey's dress options for the wedding:....(No "check" here. I realized later that I left them in her closet!)
5) On the way back to the groomers, while at a stoplight, I was approached by a handsome firefighter who was collecting money in an attempt to "Fill the Boot" for charity. I gladly dug as much change as I could from the little tray below my stereo, rolled down my window, and smiled shyly as I dumped it in the boot. The firefighter leaned close to my window, smiled and said "Thank you. Have a great summer". I swear, if I could, I would have blushed. I had to keep myself from giggling as I said, "Thanks. You too!" Swoon!
6) Back at the groomers, it was back into the shopping cart for Zoey and we managed to squeeze our way through the salon doors to pick up the dogs. Fortunately, one of the groomers caught of glimpse of Zoey and, overwhelmed by her cuteness, offered to help me up to the register. Instead of grabbing the dogs, she jumped to the front of the cart and began talking to Zoey as she led us to the check-out. I was so grateful for her help; she really didn't have to lend a hand.
7) It's was about 3:40 and we were back on the road, headed to my mom's house. I was starving, but the traffic on Meridian in Puyallup was moving so slowly, I was afraid to pull off the road and "lose my spot". Eventually, hunger won out and I decided that I was only going to stop at someplace with a drive-thru, and it had to be on the right side of the road, so that I could easily pull back onto the street and be on my not-so-merry way (I was hot, exhausted and stressed out; you wouldn't be merry either!!). I spotted a Taco Bell and it met all of my previously stated requirements. I ordered a 7-Layer Burrito (never again, it was so nasty! :-/) and a water, and proceeded to the window. The young boy handed me my burrito and wished me a "nice day", and I was in such a hurry that I didn't even realize he'd forgotten my water, until it was too late. Crap!
8) Zoey and I finally made it onto the freeway, but we drove for only about 5 minutes before she began to scream. Hungry, again! I took the next off ramp (which just happened to be the one for our house. I briefly thought about going home and just calling in "cranky"!) Instead, I found my way to a gas station, left the car running, AC blasting, and fed my sweet baby girl.
9) Back on the road and the traffic on 405 North was moving at the speed of molasses. Eventually, we come up on an accident and it all started to make sense. As I glanced over at the woman being lifted into the ambulance on a stretcher, I said a silent prayer and brought my eyes back to the road. Not a minute later, I heard the gut wrenching sound of a dog getting ready to vomit. I looked over at the kennel that had been wedged into the passengers seat, just in time to see Kiwi bring up her breakfast! Ahhhh! Why me?!?! I rolled down the window and pressed on. We were almost there.
10) Once we got to my mom's house, I brought Zoey and the dogs into the house before taking the soiled towel out of the kennel and placing it on the garage floor. I was so frustrated, I couldn't even stand the though of cleaning it up. So there it stayed! (Sorry mom!) Instead, I loaded Zoey into her stroller and we took the dogs for a short walk (which could have been relaxing, had it not been so dang hot!)
11) At 6 o'clock it was time to get back into the car and head over to my mom's Zumba class. I had said I'd bring Zoey by so my mom could show her off. Once we got there, everyone was very sweet and had a great time "oooh"ing and "aaaah"ing over my sweet girl. It was on our way out of the dance studio that I informed my mom that I still didn't have an appropriate dress for the wedding tomorrow (please recall the dress criteria I laid out yesterday) and that we needed to go to Target; it was my last hope!
12) Because my mom was in her workout clothes, we first had to stop back at the house so she could change...
13) Finally we made it to Target and I entered the dressing room with about 8 dresses. I was determined not to leave the store until I found "the one". Fortunately, I had two contenders! And what did I do? I bought them both! I don't know if it was the stress of the day or the fact that each dress was only $19.99 (SCORE!), but I decided that I deserved them both. After browsing the jewelry and shape wear sections, I was finally go to go!
14) Upon leaving Target, my mom and I agreed that it was time to eat (I believe it was around 8:30!!). We headed across the street to the Panera Bread and when we got there, discovered that it was next door to a Blue C Sushi. I must have bumped my head earlier in the day because that's the only way I can justify suggesting that we eat there instead. My mom must have suffered a similar injury because she eagerly agreed! The ONLY good thing that came from our dining experience, was the picture below! (the only one from the whole day!) On the bright side, my mom is no longer under the delusion that she likes sushi! What a disaster!! The waiter was kind enough to take a few items off of her bill though :)
I must admit, it wasn't the best, but I did enjoy my California rolls
15) Exhausted and with fairly empty stomachs, we finally made it home. Maybe it was fatigue or maybe she had simply lost her appetite, but my mom ate a few cherries and a piece of beef jerky before dragging off to bed!
So, despite all of the stress, I guess there were some bright spots in this jam-packed day: The cute fireman, the helpful Petco employee, finally finding a dress (or two), laughing at my mom's attempt at eating sushi.
Maybe it should be renamed, my (Not so) Terrible, (Still pretty) Horrible, (Mostly) No Good, (Not all) Very Bad Day? :)

I was in so much suspense wondering what happened with the dress situation!
ReplyDeleteLOL, it was a disaster! But I can honestly say, that probably isn't the last time that'll happen. I don't know why I torture myself!? :/
ReplyDelete