Almost every time I walk into my kitchen, my eye is drawn to my beautiful, black KitchenAid mixer. I had been asking Michael for this mixer for a few years and then, for Christmas, it arrived (courtesy of Michael and my mom)! And like most things that people nowadays think they MUST have, it sat unused for way too long! Each time Michael would see baked goods on the counter, he would ask "Did you use your mixer?" I would always hang my head and quietly say "No, not this time", as I slipped the cake/cookie mix box into the recycle.
Well, today I decided that it was time to put my pretty appliance to good use.
On the menu: Oatmeal Cookies!
This morning, when I decided on oatmeal cookies, I was so pleased to find that we had all of the ingredients. Zoey was a great little helper; she held the oats while I gathered everything else and brought the mixer to the kitchen island (that sucker is HEAVY!).
Mommy's little helper :)
Following the simple Betty Crocker recipe I found online, Zoey and I whipped up 3 dozen cookies in no time! Between each batch though, we would take a "dance break", just to get her out of her bouncy seat and keep her happy. I turned the TV to the music channel, Kidz Only, which was filled mostly with songs about "OMG", "LOL", teenage romances, teenage break-ups and whatever songs the cast of Glee was covering. (I'd like to take a moment to apologize to my lovely mother for torturing her with similarly themed music during my childhood! I hope music evolves a little more by the time Zoey is deciding what she wants to listen to!). Every now and then, something good, like Adele, popped up and we danced our little hearts out :)
The fruits...I mean cookies...of our labor!
Yummy!
And now, for your viewing pleasure...The Many Faces of Tummy Time!
Big, beautiful, blue eyes!
One of Zoey's new "things" is to stick her tongue out!
Another thing she does often is this scrunchy face!
She makes a sort of "nom,nom" humming sound; it's hilarious!
Even though I spend everyday with Zoey, today really felt like a true "mother-daughter" day. I can't wait until we're baking together and she is actually able to help me add ingredients and ask me a bagillion questions :)
No comments:
Post a Comment