This morning I saw an email and voicemail message from my modeling agency, both of which had been sent to me last night!! My booking agent, Andrew, was trying to get a hold of me to see if I could go to a casting for a Men's Warehouse commercial today at 11 AM. By the time I finally got Andrew on the phone, it was a little after 10. I asked him if it was too late for me to go and fortunately, it wasn't. After making some calls and working out a few of the details, I was all set to audition at 2:50 this afternoon!
After a quick shower, I scrambled to put together an outfit. The commercial is for bridal/formal ware and it was requested that I wear a pretty dress and heels. I finally decided on a blue, v-neck dress that I had worn to a few weddings and then moved on to applying my make-up. I hadn't worn make-up since my last casting (by the way, I got "released" from the hold I was on for the Premera commercial...) and the fact that I was sweating from trying to move so quickly, didn't help my efforts! After changing, feeding and rocking Zoey, and then getting her dressed, all that was left was to wait for Michael to get home.
Once Michael arrived at 1:45, we all hopped in the car and headed downtown. The stars must have been aligned, because we found a parking spot a block away from the ACT Theater, where the casting was being held, and I had just enough time to check myself out in the mirror and take one final deep breath before walking through the door.
The audition was very quick and I left with a good feeling about it. They had us go in in pairs, and the guy I was with was a bit of a dud! At first, I was worried, but then I realized that he probably helped make me look good! ;) I had also met the casting director before, so I felt at ease as he asked me questions and took a few pictures.
I've got my fingers, and toes, crossed that I book this commercial! I have been waiting to do a commercial since I started modeling (about 12 years ago!), so it really would be a dream come true!
Ready to wind down after a whirlwind morning/afternoon!
No comments:
Post a Comment