Everyday Zoey gets a little better at entertaining herself. When she is in the presence of her hanging toys, she smacks them, looks at them and laughs, and now she is starting to GRAB them! This morning, I stepped back while she was on her mat and just waited to see what she was going to do. I had so much fun watching her!
"I've got it; now what do I do with it?"
"Oh yeah! What I do with everything; try to get it to my mouth!"
"This is fun, but I get the feeling I'm being watched..."
"Oh, HELLO" :)
In the past, if she caught sight of me, she would want me to talk to her and keep her company. She still does that, but more and more now she will just go back to what she was doing.
She's got a pretty good grip :)
She is also getting better at grabbing onto things that you try to hand her. A while ago, when she started making funny mouth movements, I pulled out her Sophie giraffe teether and let her explore it. She seems to be enjoying it, but Michael and I still have to do most of the holding onto it.
"Hey, Momma. You like my new teether? Her name is Sophie!"
She does make an effort to hold it and push it further into her mouth
Watching Zoey grow is absolutely mind blowing! I know it won't be long at all before she is holding Sophie all by herself. I guess I should start to prepare myself for when she starts picking up things that she's not supposed to have and tries to put them in her mouth. Yikes!!
Another sign of her growing up is the fact that we are starting to perfect our feeding, napping and bedtime routine! Tonight, I had her face washed and her jammies on, just in time for her 8:30 feeding. That is usually her last feeding of the day (sometimes a little later). A routine feels good; I think it symbolizes that we're all growing into our new roles :)
Cutie Pie

No comments:
Post a Comment