Today was the Birthday BBQ for my former coworker's daughter. Stephanie's daughter, Sawyer, is turning 1 and we were invited to help celebrate! As a bonus, I got to see a few other teachers I've worked with over the years as a substitute. Miss Zoey was in a great mood and even found her way onto the laps of Sawyer's grandparents!
After watching me stand around while everyone else was eating, Sawyer's grandma asked if I wanted her to hold Zoey while I got something to eat. I told her that I had actually eaten before I came and that I was OK (not totally true, but I didn't want to burden anyone). Well, turns out that she wasn't really asking me. Next thing I knew, she had Zoey in her arms and was telling me to "Go eat!". When I stood by for a minute, to make sure Zoey was in good hands, I was warned that I was "wasting time" and that I needed to go get something to eat while I had the chance! Hahaha, I love grandparents :)
Sawyer, hesitantly touching the frosting on her pretty cupcake cake.
Zoey, who got passed to Grandpa.
Such a cool cake!
Eventually, it was all over the chair and her face!
I was very grateful that Sawyer let Zoey and I borrow her grandparents. I enjoyed some yummy potato salad, grapes, pineapple and a cute, homemade rainbow cupcake (the cupcake was literally layered with the colors of the rainbow! Stephanie found the idea on Pinterest; I'm gonna have to look for it!). After my snack, I went to take Zoey off of Grandpa's hands, and I was surprised to find him singing to her! How sweet is that!? Zoey was so content, I almost feared that she hadn't missed me. As soon as we made eye contact though, she smiled wide and I was so glad to have her back :)
Baby girl, just relaxing with her "borrowed grandpa", haha :)
We had a great time this afternoon. Even though I want her to grow up as slowly as possible, I am really excited for Zoey's first birthday party! Seeing Sawyer dig into her cake was so much fun and her parents looked so proud. I'm glad we put on our party pants (Zoey's had ruffles, of course) and helped celebrate such a sweet little girl.



Ha ha! Gotta love grandparents :) And I've see that rainbow cake thing on Pinterest too. It's so cool!
ReplyDelete