So, last night Michael pitched in and helped me finish the second coat on the living room walls. It was an incredibly late night, but we managed to drag ourselves out of bed this morning and start tackling the kitchen. Before we could get started, we had to go back to Lowes for more paint, a few more rollers and more pads for the edger (the tool that makes clean paint lines around all the straight edges). I'm not sure what made Michael decide to help me (after all, he said this was MY project and I was supposed to be on my own), but I'm happy he got on board.
Zoey also appeared to be on board as she slept, allowing us to get a good amount done. We had already said we were going to Bainbidge Island this afternoon, so we agreed that we'd get the first coat on the kitchen walls and then return to them when we got back.
Windows open and fans blowing so our little angel could be in sight, without being in danger of inhaling too many fumes.
There was still more taping to be done, so I tackled that while Michael started painting. It was such a pain, having to stand on the counters to tape the ceiling above the cabinets! I have never wanted to demo a kitchen so badly, just so I could paint the walls without so many obstacles! I also had to duck under the cabinets to tape the backsplash and pull out the refrigerator to tape and paint behind it (ignoring Michael as he asked "do we really NEED to paint behind it?" YES! Good grief!)
I love the blue next to the stainless steel! Can't wait for the cabinets to be white!!
After the first coat was applied, it was much later than we had planned, but we still loaded into the car and headed to the island. Zoey was asleep again, which was perfect for the hour and thirty minute drive!
Off to see Grandma Cathy, Grandpa Roger and cousin Joey
When we arrived, Michael was so excited to jump into the water and start looking for some crabs! He and Joey wasted no time getting into their wet suits while Zoey and I hung out with the rest of the family. Christy was also over with Jacob and Ryan, so we all got to hang out in the sun for a bit.
After a Zoey and Ryan photo shoot, berry picking, dinner and dessert, it was time to get back home. As always, we had a great time with family, but duty called. The kitchen still needed a second coat and we had one tired baby on our hands!
She's going to just LOVE this picture when she's older! Mwahahah
The way Zoey looks, is pretty much how Michael and I are feeling, too!




No comments:
Post a Comment