Today may be the Fourth of July (Yay, America!), but in the Lubovich house, we were wishing Zoey a Happy 3rd! Miss Zoey Rae is 3 months old today and her awesomeness deserves all of the celebratory fireworks that the world has to offer!
This morning, as I got Zoey dressed, I was a little sad that I didn't have a cute red, white and blue outfit to put her in. Just as I was about to abandon the festive colors altogether, I found her Gonzaga "gear". So, not only was she dressed for the occasion, but she was also representing for Mommy and Daddy's Alma Mater. Good girl! :)
Such a sweetie
There's that tongue, again!
Go Zags! Go America! Go Zoey!
This afternoon, Zoey and I met up with her Grandpa Arnel and her aunts, Deidre and Aubrianna, at the new Asian and Western inspired Mizuki Buffet in Tukwila. I'm usually hesitant about buffets, but the food was delicious; everything was fresh, hot and neatly displayed.
Two of my favorite things, food and family!
After lunch, it was time to reunite with Michael and pick out some fireworks. We decided to keep it simple and go with a few sparklers. We just needed enough to show Zoey and take a few pictures to commemorate her first 4th.
"Mommy, what IS that thing??"
"I don't like this very much"
Hahaha
After carefully dancing around with the sparklers and trying to get Zoey to show some excitement, she made it clear that she really wasn't interested, no matter how fun I tried to make it look.
Yawn!
"OK Dad, make it quick. I'm ready to go to bed"
Even if she wasn't excited, at least she looked adorable in her polka dot hoodie!
I was actually really glad that 1) the 4th fell on a Wednesday this year, and 2) we have a baby to take care of. I was not in the mood to stress over holiday plans or travel away from home. A low key celebration (if you can even call what we had a "celebration") was more than enough for me!




Dana, all of you are so adorable, and of course,
ReplyDeleteZoey!
I love her poka dot sleeper. Looks like she can
go anywhere in it, though.
Good to see Arnel and Deidre. Give them my love.
Granny
Dana,
ReplyDeleteGranny used "anonymous" because she didn't know
what the others were:
Google Account
LiveJournal
WordPress
TypePad
AIM
OpenID
NameURL
and last,
Anonymous.
I will spend some time and try to figure it out.
LOL. Love,
Granny Helen