Monday, July 2, 2012

Strapped In

Today, when it was time to get Zoey and myself dressed, I decided I was going to live vicariously through her. We needed to go to the store and as much as I wanted to stay in my pajamas, I knew it wasn't appropriate. So, after putting on my big girl clothes, I changed Zoey out of last night's pajamas and put her right into another pair! I love her cloud jammies and she just looks so cute and comfy in them. 

Now, I don't know if it was her cute jammies, her cute face or just the fact that's she's a baby, but I was stopped by so many people in the store, as they asked me questions and stared longingly into the cart where Zoey sat. All of her admirers wanted to know her name and how old she was; each of them also had a story to share with me as well. I learned that one man's daughter just graduated from UW and is getting married and moving across the country. One woman has a new grandson, just 3 weeks old. And another woman kept whispering "what a blessing", as she peered into the cart at a sleeping Zoey. I'm not used to so much conversation in the grocery store, but I guess I better get used to it. The lady with the new grandson said "OK, we'll see you later" as she shuffled away. Looks like I've got some friends at my new neighborhood Safeway! :)

When we got home, I put Zoey in her swing so I could put the groceries away. Usually when I put her in, I buckle the lap belt on the swing, but not the shoulder straps. She is still pretty small and the chair is also tilted back, so I don't have to worry about her falling out. Well, now that my little angle is starting to exercise more skills and do more with her squirmy little body, I have to be careful with the assumptions I make. From the kitchen, I caught a glimpse of her and she was shaking the swing. By the time I got to her, she was trying to sit up and ended up slouched in the side of the chair! 

OK, shoulder straps it is!

"Uh oh, she's coming for me! Maybe if I sweet talk her, she won't strap me in?"
I'll give her my "Ooooh girl, I like yo outfit...have you lost weight?" look

That didn't work! 
Maybe if I hide my face, she won't be able to see me?

"Dang! She's still there!"

"No! Please don't strap me in! I swear I'll sit still! PLEASE!!?"

"You are a cold hearted woman!"

"OK, I'm sorry! I take it back, you're not cold hearted! Please set me free?!"

On a happier note, Zoey is getting much better at tummy time and I may have found a little secret to keeping her on her tummy longer. Let the distraction/bribery begin!

What's my happy girl looking at, you ask?

Family Feud!

I'm not sure how detrimental it is for her to be looking at the TV (I plan to ask her doctor), but the fact that it helps lengthen the amount of time she's on her tummy without screaming at the top of her lungs, makes it another "go to" in my mommy bag of tricks! Hey, a mommy's gotta do what a mommy's gotta do! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment