Looking at the pictures from the past couple of days, I'm starting to wonder if I've been a bad mommy, letting Zoey sleep so much while I get things done around the house. I swear I engaged her when she was awake, but it has definitely been a crazy time, with everything in the living room and kitchen out of place and spilling into other rooms.
After her morning feedings and a bit of snuggle time, I put Zoey on her mat in the dining room and started the task of putting all of our furniture and appliances back in their place. At one point I realized I didn't hear Zoey's sweet coos and giggles anymore, and I went to check on her. I found her sound asleep!
Such a big girl; she "played" until she was pooped :)
At that moment, I found myself overwhelmed with both pride and gratitude. Proud that she had entertained herself and is learning and discovering more about her toys everyday. Grateful because 1) I have been blessed with such an amazing baby girl and 2) I was getting more done than I thought I was going to be able to.
It was definitely a long day, but I finally got everything put back where it belongs. I am not one who lives/works well in a disheveled environment, so if it meant moving the couch, TV stand, coffee table, etc., by myself while Michael was at work, so be it! I couldn't stand looking at the mess any longer!!
Out with the OLD...
This was taken on one of our last tours of the house before we bought it.
I knew right away that I wanted to paint the room either blue or gray.
And in with the NEW (and improved!)
Really brightens everything up!
Up next is getting some art and pictures on the walls and putting up white trim/molding!
(who knows when that'll happen, but it's next...)
So, after lecturing my "helpers" about how to paint, not painting the ceiling (which I then did, more than once!), moving the roller in a "V" or "W" formation, and enduring some incredibly long nights, the two biggest rooms in our house have a fun new vibe. We are another step closer to having our house truly represent who we are, and it feels great!
No comments:
Post a Comment