I'm trying to get as many books in front of Zoey's face as possible. I think she is starting to get used to seeing them and she seems to get the most excited about "Baby Play Day". She smacks the pages of this book more than any other so far :)
Can you find her pink teether?
Not sure how she managed to get it there?! Haha
Happy to be in the "Big Girl Chair", aka Mommy's rocking chair
Looks like she's dancing!
All smiles
I gave her her giraffe "lovey" for the first time today. It's a small blanket attached to the head and arms of a giraffe stuffed animal. She grabbed it right away and started inspecting it. Right after I took her picture with it, she dove in and tried to bite it (what else is new!).
We'll see if this becomes her "go to" comfort item.
I can just see her dragging it around with her everywhere she goes :)
So, last night, Michael asked if I could find a Thai Curry recipe and try it for dinner tonight. I Googled "Thai Curry Chicken" and went with the first recipe that popped up (they say that Google searches are based on popularity, so the first result is often a safe bet). The recipe had a lot of positive reviews and seemed easy enough.
After a quick run to Safeway for some ginger, shallots and cilantro, it was time to get cookin'!
Prepping my ingredients: red potatoes, diced shallots, grated ginger and minced garlic.
(Not pictured: chicken and tomatoes)
Rarely do our dinners require so many tasty additions.
Bubble, bubble...
By this point, the whole house smelled so good!
The only casualty was my jeans, after a potato tried to jump ship and splashed
me as it hit the stove.
What can ya do?
So delicious!
When all was said and done, the only observation was that it could have used a little more coconut milk, to add that bit of sweetness that is present in most Thai curries. I will definitely be putting this recipe in the dinner rotation, for those nights when I have time to make a slightly more time consuming dish :)



No comments:
Post a Comment