Thursday, September 20, 2012

Laugh & Learn

Michael and I are coming up on our three year wedding anniversary, on September 26th! I was curious what the traditional gift was for the third year, and apparently, it's leather! (The modern gift is crystal). So, we agreed to go traditional...and now I'm kind of regretting ever bringing it up. I have been racking my brain, trying to think of something that's leather AND practical, that my husband will actually use! When we were first discussing gifts, he told me that he'd like a survival knife and that I could get him a leather sheath to put it in (very creative on his part, I must admit). I could do that, but I'm also trying to think of something on my own. I don't know, is an anniversary an occasion where you ask for what you want?? I guess if all else fails, I can go with the obvious leather, man gift: a nice wallet! 

Ready to help Mommy find a gift for Daddy!

This afternoon, Zoey and I went to a hunting/outdoor store to look at knives. The selection of ones that came with a leather sheath was very small, and very expensive! I also took a look at sporty sunglasses. I was thinking that if I found a good pair, I could also try to get a leather sunglasses case?? (I'm tryin' here people! LOL). Hmmm, I'll let you know what I come up with. 

When we got home from gift shopping and running other errands, it was time to get Zoey out of her carseat and on the floor to stretch out. We've been playing in her room a lot more often lately, and when I brought her in today, the Laugh & Learn Puppy in her closet, caught my eye. A gift from my mom's neighbor, the puppy finally seemed like an appropriate toy, now that Zoey's sitting up. 

She was so excited; she demanded to see it before I could even get it out of the box!

Judging by how it looked in the package, I assumed that the puppy was going to sit up on it's own as well. I had visions of sitting it in front of Zoey and watching her press on it's hands, feet, ears and tummy. Well, there were two things wrong with that naive vision! 

1) The puppy doesn't sit up on it's own...AT ALL! Boo! :( 
2) My child is 5 1/2 months old and doesn't know how to press buttons or purposefully squeeze things! Oops!

What does she know how to do? Bite, smack, suck on and thrash things to no end! That poor puppy...

I think the puppy was trying to make his escape!
"Hey you! Get back here!"

Trying to figure out what it's all about and where the noises were coming from.

She didn't really know what to do with it once it stopped talking or a song ended.
She'd smack it a few more times and then move on.

Other than it not sitting up on it's own, I like the puppy a lot. There is a "learning mode" that teaches the body parts, and a "song mode" that sings fun, popular children's songs. Zoey lets me get through a few body part explanations before she gets to wailin' on it again, which is just fine; we've got plenty of time to let the information sink in :)

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, leather is tough! Wish I could help but we don't even do gifts.....hmmm....... Love Zoey's cute dress! Aaah, i want a girl next!

    ReplyDelete