I'm not usually a fan of kids sagging their pants, but the benefit of Zoey's saggy pants: I could see that her diaper needed to be changed, even though I couldn't smell that it needed to be changed! Winning!
Trying to tear down my attempt at baby proofing the lamp!
At least she hasn't bothered the outlet covers.
Mmmm, today was a day of delicious food (my favorite kind of days!)! For dinner, I made tacos, but they weren't just ordinary tacos. They were made with homemade flour tortillas! That's right, HOMEMADE! I had never contemplated making my own tortillas until I saw a recipe (and a scrumptious looking picture) that my SIL posted on her blog.
The dough was super easy to make, and cooking them was even easier. I'd say the trickiest part, was rolling them out to my desired shape and thickness. Once I abandoned the idea that they had to be perfectly round, the process was actually quite fun. I had made the ground turkey and chopped up the toppings while the dough was resting, so when the tortillas were ready, we could enjoy them right away! Yum, yum, yum!! They were sooo good! I have vowed to never use store-bought taco tortillas again!
Ground turkey, tomato, avocado, red onion, mozzarella cheese and a bit of Sriracha!
The tortillas were a little thicker, which gave them almost a pita bread feel.
Warm and soft; again, YUM!
After dinner, using the seeds from his Halloween pumpkin, Michael talked me into helping him make roasted pumpkin seeds. A little butter, pepper, garlic salt and cayanne...not bad!
I don't think we left them in long enough, but I did like that they had a spicy kick to them.
We'll try another batch once we crack open my pumpkin.
Even Kiwi had a yummy treat today. I caught her stealing raspberries from Michael's garden!
Fortunately, Mike is done with them for the season. Wouldn't want to accidentally eat one covered in dog slobber!
*In the spirit of jumping on the bandwagon and participating in a trend I see growing on Facebook, for every day in November, I am going to say something that I'm thankful for. Of course, we should all be thankful and acknowledge our blessings every day, but why not shout them out this month? :)
Thankful, Day 1: I am thankful for a new recipe (tortillas) that will not only save our family money, but will no doubt make our taco nights that much more enjoyable! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment