Monday, November 19, 2012

All Kinds of Cranky

Today was full of whining, crying and clingy behavior. Zoey's poor little body has traded in congestion for constipation, and it's really giving her a tough time. She is also teething, and although I don't think that's bothering her a whole lot, I'm sure she could do without any added discomfort. 

I was trying to be as sympathetic as possible, but at some points today, Zoey was just flat out pitiful! She was crying at the drop of a hat! If I stepped out of sight...cry. If she couldn't reach something...cry. If she had to put a little extra effort into anything...cry! My goodness; I can't wait until my baby's back to being the tough cookie she normally is.

Oh, and I may have done a little whining today, too. Remember when I said I couldn't wait for Zoey's poop to thicken up? Well, I think I want to take that back! The little bit that she's managed to get out over the past week, has been super thick, smelly and just plain nasty! I guess when it comes to cleaning up someone else's bowl movements and having a preference, you can really only choose the best of the worst...

After talking to Zoey's nurse about her potty problems, she recommended we try giving her some juice (apple or pear) and see if that helps loosen things up. I sent Mike a text and asked him to pick up some apple juice on the way home, and I explained that the sugar in the juice is what's supposed to help. When he got home, he proudly set down a bottle of apple cider and explained that he chose something that was as natural as possible. I then had to beak it to him that his thick juice was basically just apples in a jug and that I needed good 'ole Tree Top juice; nothin' fancy. ("Nobody asked for cider!") He let out a heavy sign and said he'd go back and get the right stuff. 

But, before he left, he went to the front door and then returned to the kitchen with a dozen pink roses! He said "Well, I got you something, too", in a voice that said "I know I screwed up the juice and you're probably upset now, but here ya go". :( Darn it! I hate when he does something nice, right before or after I have to tell him that he's done something wrong! I made sure to express how much I liked the beautiful flowers and thanked him for offering to go back to the store. Poor guy...


So sweet, and "Just because". 

After practically force feeding Zoey some apple juice (I don't think she liked how tart and cold it was), it was time for her bath. On cranky days, I always look forward to bath time because it usually calms her down, but excites her at the same time. She gets really happy, plays and is tired enough for bed when we're done.

Michael said she looked like a little Jedi! 

Thankful, Day 19: I am thankful for a husband who is trying to be more thoughtful and romantic. He's making an effort to do/get things for me that I like (like flowers), instead of just things he likes to do/get for me (like camping gear). It takes a lot to step outside of yourself and take notice of your partner's needs and wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment