Saturday, November 17, 2012

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday to ME!!

Today I turned 27 and I am happy to report that I’m feelin’ good; not at all depressed or anxious about being an old lady! ;) 

This morning I woke up to a beautiful baby girl, a chipper husband and lots of presents! Correction: while Michael made us breakfast, he informed me that my presents were hidden around the house and I needed to locate them! So, with a few hints, I found everything that had been hidden in the kitchen, living room and hall closet!

I must have been a very good girl this year because I got spoiled! I am now the proud owner of a brownie pan, a cookie spatula, a set of picture frames, a gift card and a cream puffy vest!

I think my favorite part about all of the gifts though, has to be the way they were wrapped! My husband is known for his creative (otherwise known as lazy!) wrapping style.

Exhibit A:
The wrapping just creates such mystery...
What could Zoey be chewing on? Could it be a spatula? LOL

Exhibit B:
Seeing as how one of my gifts was wrapped and hanging up in the closet, I made an educated guess that it was an article of clothing! 
(My puffy vest)

After breakfast and presents, it was time to get ready for BINGO! I don’t know what it is (maybe it’s the old lady inside me, dying to break free), but I have always loved playing Bingo. At the place we go to, you get a free session (about 20 games) if you come in on your birthday! So, I knew I could count on my mom to go with me and, like always, we had a great time! Along with my free pack, I also bought a pack of games, so it was a little hard for me to keep up with the caller. But hey, anything for a chance at big money! (Which I didn't win!)

Oh yeah, before we left for Bingo, my mom had a gift for me, too! As if taking me to see Wicked wasn't enough (I still can't get over how good it was) she also got me the Top Chef University set of cooking CDs!! I love the show Top Chef, and I love to eat, so I am super excited to become a better cook! Oh, excuse me, a better Chef! According to the box, I will "Become a Top Chef in [my] spare time, at home"! Eek, I can't wait!

Looks like I'm going back to school! 

After Bingo, we came home to rest for a bit, and then the birthday celebrations continued. My sister in law came over to hang out with Michael and help watch Zoey, while my mom and I went out with my aunt, uncle and some of their friends. My aunt’s birthday is on the 21st and it made sense for her to celebrate this weekend, too. I hadn't made any special birthday plans for myself, so it worked out perfectly for us to join her celebration. We laughed, ate, drank and danced the night away at the Puerto Vallarta in Federal Way. You can always count on family for a good time! 


We may have had a few drinks...just a few! ;)


Thankful, Day 17: I am thankful for another year of life. My twenty-seventh year was full of exciting and challenging things, and I can’t wait to see what the journey to twenty-eight has in store for me and my little family!

No comments:

Post a Comment