One minute I was watching her scoot around, and the next thing I knew, she was peeking at me over the coffee table!!
I decided to give Zoey a small pot and a plastic ladle, to see what she'd do with it. As I demonstrated how to bang on the pot with the spoon, she kept flinching and seemed uncertain about the whole situation. Once I turned the items over to her, she did exactly what I should have expected. The pot handle went straight into her mouth and the spoon sat on the sideline, waiting for it's turn. I turned the pot back over and hit it with the spoon again. Again, she flinched and waited for me to be done.
Ooh, what is this cold, shiny, funny-shaped thing?
I tossed in a few rings and she swirled the spoon around, but then went back to eating it.
Eventually she wailed on the pot a few times, but it didn't bring her as much joy as I'd hoped it would. Oh well...maybe I should be glad she's not into it yet. My eardrums have been spared for a little while longer!
Thankful, Day 9: I am thankful for the moments when I have a quite house and a warm cup of coffee or tea.
(I finally enjoyed my "morning" coffee at 2:45pm. Better late than never!)
No comments:
Post a Comment