Happy Thanksgiving!
Before we could finish cooking and sit down to feast, I made everyone sit for some family photos. Hey, I'm a mom, it's what I do!
My loves!
Zoey's Turkey Day outfit was courtesy of her great aunt, Angie!
Just the girls
Gorgeous Granny!
We took a brake from pictures to finish cooking, and eventually it was time for Michael's moment in the spotlight: turkey carving!
My mom did a great job cooking it and Mike did a great job carving it.
I was quite proud of my veggie tray, too!
Time for more pictures...Gotta love the shots taken with the self timer! In order to stay out of trouble (pretty sure I'm not too old to get spanked), I won't share any of the unflattering outtakes, but there were some good ones! By this time, my subjects were growing increasingly hungry and impatient, but we managed to take a few winners.
A good lookin' bunch
Laughing at ourselves
"Don't move, it's still taking pictures!"
This is why Thanksgiving is the BEST food holiday!
The green bean casserole alone...mmm, mmm, good!
Despite my efforts to get everyone bundled and out the door, no one wanted to take an after-dinner walk with me! So, I stayed in as well and rested off my dinner with the other couch potatoes. I swear, next year, we're walkin'! Once our dinner had settled a bit, we dug into the yummy Caramel Butter Bars my mom made for dessert. Man, I think yummy might even be an understatement; those things were delicious!
Mmm, don't even wanna know which part of the body these went straight to!
I definitely ate more than I needed to.
Turkey feet :)
Providing some musical entertainment
This picture melts my heart!!
Thankful, Day 22: I am thankful for another wonderful celebration with the people I love. I give thanks for each of them every day, and I feel so blessed to have them in my life. Zoey's first Thanksgiving was filled with love, happiness and fun experiences that will soon become precious memories!



No comments:
Post a Comment