Sunday, November 11, 2012

Wicked

Tonight, as an early birthday present, my mom took me to see the musical Wicked, at the Paramount Theater! After spending the first half of the day with Michael and Zoey in true "lazy Sunday" fashion, I met my mom and a group of her friends at a downtown restaurant before the show. Once we entered the theater through a special side door, the fun just kept on coming! Not only was I being treated to a fantastic performance, but because we were with a member of the Paramount Club, we sat in a private lounge before the show and during intermission. We enjoyed drinks, appetizers, premiere balcony seating, and even a private bathroom (which doesn't seem like a big deal, until you're standing in the long line, doing the potty dance, waiting behind every other woman in the theater!).  

The show was absolutely amazing; from the singing, to the acting, to the costumes and special effects!! After seeing Cinderella last year, and now Wicked, I am officially addicted! Can't wait for my next show.

Thanks to her jammies bunching up, she looks like baby Elvis!
"Thank you! Thank you very much!"

This did not make for an easy lunchtime!
Silly Bug

She's got plenty to do while Mommy's away!

Not sure why I was standing on the "Wicked" side...everyone knows I'm the Good one! ;)

So, right before intermission, I got a text from Michael saying that he needed me to come home! Zoey wasn't staying asleep and he was running out of solutions. (A part of me thinks he didn't fully understand the fact that I wasn't just down the street at a movie theater. I couldn't just walk out and be home in 10 minutes!) As soon as the house light came on, I called him to offer a few suggestions. Eventually, she went back to sleep, but throughout the second half of the show, I couldn't stop thinking about the two of them. 

When I got home, this is what I found in the living room! 

A mess like this could only mean one thing: Zoey gave her daddy a run for his money!
Poor Daddy! ;)

When I walked into our bedroom and  found Michael's side of the bed empty, I knew there was only one other place he could be. I quietly entered Zoey's room and there, on the floor, in the fetal position and partially covered by a child-sized blanket, was my sleeping husband. I took in the comical, yet sweet, sight for a second, before tapping him and guiding him down the hall and into bed. What a trooper!

Thankful, Day 11: I am thankful for a fun, caring and generous mother; it's always a good time when we're together! I am also thankful for a committed husband, who is a great father to our baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment