So, I'm still amazed that we made it out of the house and to the library this morning (we were, however, fashionably late). Zoey woke up three times last night and when she wasn't screaming at the top of her lungs, she was nursing until she fell back asleep. I have been trying to avoid middle of the night feedings, but when they're the ONLY thing that will get my hysterical baby back to bed...eat up, sister!
When Zoey woke up this morning, she was happy and smiling, as if nothing had happened! It wasn't until about 9:45 that the lack of sleep caught up with her and she was out again. I wasn't sure if she was going to wake up in time to make going to story time worth it, but we ended up being only about 5 minutes late. And I'm so glad we went because she made a new friend. A boyfriend!...Ok, a friend that's a boy (let's not give Daddy a heart attack just yet ;) His name is Vatruvian (...giving the spelling my best guess...) and he's a younger man! Haha. His birthday is a few days after Zoey's and he and his mom seem really nice. Hey, I may have made a new friend, too!
Baby, it's cold outside!
Mmm, soft mittens!
Guilty Mom Moment: Zoey got her first bruise today! :( She bonked her cheek on the coffee table and I feel like a horrible person. She only cried for a few seconds, and after a couple of kisses and a hug, she was back to playing. Ugh, so wishing I could secure her in a layer of bubble wrap until she gains better balance and is steady on her feet. I cringe just thinking about bruises, cuts and broken bones!! (I've never broken a bone, so hopefully she'll have my same luck!)
Super Baby!
Thankful, Day 8: I am thankful for programs like the library story time, new friends and the fact that babies are so resilient!
No comments:
Post a Comment