Hooray for Saturday mornings! I decided to give my muffin recipe another go, this time adding in the extra ingredients needed to make them "Apple Pie" muffins (cinnamon sugar, nutmeg and apple chunks). I think the apple chunks helped the muffins stay moist; either that or I really over-mixed my batter last time. These were more fluffy as well, and I enjoyed them spruced up a little bit, instead of just your basic breakfast muffin :)
(I'll get the basic recipe up on the What's Cookin'? page soon!)
Yummy!
As you can see, a few went missing before I could even get my camera out!
Saturday mid-morning playtime (because we're usually not downstairs and active much earlier than 10am) has become one of my favorite weekly activities! I pretty much love the weekend as a whole, because Michael is home to help out, but unlike Sunday, Saturday doesn't carry the burden of the inevitable start of another work week (wah, wah!).
I think Zoey is starting to understand the weekends, too. She has both of her parents doting on her and she doesn't get stuck in her activity seat every time her momma needs her hands free. I've noticed that she is a bit more calm (more her temperament than her activity level) on the weekends, in the sense that she often doesn't fight naps as much and probably picks up on the more relaxed vibe Michael and I give off. Even during our busy weekends, I can tell she just loves having Mommy AND Daddy.
She's becoming quite the bulldozer!
I put the bars back on the play mat, just to see if she'd use them in a different way, now that she has new skills...
Yeah, maybe not the best idea!
Just another thing for her to pull up on and then fall over!
The fact that I've had to start telling my nearly 7-month-old baby things like "Sit down", "Come back", "Use two hands" and "Be careful", is blowing my mind! Not that she really ever listens to me, but still. She is all over the place and it's baffling!
Thankful, Day 3: I am thankful for the weekends! Now that she's mobile, the more hands on deck to help keep track of Zoey, the better! And plus, lazy, weekend family time is just so much fun!
Those muffins sound yummy! So clever!
ReplyDelete