After finally finding the Comcast store (they had moved and the lady on the phone was doing her best to give me turn by turn directions), I was sad to hand over the cable box and cords! I can't remember the last time I lived without cable. In fact, that used to be a sore spot in my relationship with Michael, because he was always trying to get us outside, and I was always trying to get us snuggled on the couch in time for a good movie/show. But, now that we have Zoey and the doctor said NO screen time (she's had some...shh, don't tell!), we've been watching the TV a lot less during her awake hours. And by cutting our service (we still have internet; there's no way to live without that!!), we are also saving a great deal on our monthly bill, which I can't complain about. Our trial run of Netflix has been working out pretty well, and it appears that it will suffice...for now ;)
Once we got home, I let Zoey loose in the living room, and it was back to business as usual. She is like a little tornado; swilrlin' around, getting into anything and everything!! Whether it's the toy bin, the DVD stand, the car seat or the dog kennel, she's ready to investigate it.
Ooh, Jackpot!
Although she only wants her toys for a little bit, and then she's off in search of something new and exciting (and usually off limits).
Ooh, hello car seat!
(Doesn't even go for the toys on the side! Nope, she wants the buckle!)
Towards the late afternoon, I had a sleepy, cranky baby on my hands! All of the moving around she's doing is wearing her out faster, and her feedings and naps have become very serious business. When she's ready, She's Ready!
Look at that sleepy, slobbery little face!
She's taken pretty well to her new "big girl" Sophie giraffe teether.
She's using the feet the most, and they appear to be doing their job (that's also where a lot of the slobber is coming from now)
Mmmmm, Pears!
After dinner, the crankiness continued and she was ready (we were ALL ready) for bed well before bedtime. I didn't even have the energy to follow through with bath time. At around 7, our nighttime routine had started and she was in bed by 7:30! Here's hoping she actually sleeps through the night! (I'm not holding my breath!)
Thankful, Day 5: I am thankful for Zoey's curiosity. She is into everything, but that means she's learning! The toy bin, the car seat, and even her pears and other foods. She's exploring and testing things out; it's so fun to watch!
No comments:
Post a Comment