My favorite sight in the morning!
"This is my room, I can have silly hair if I want to!"
All smiles (most of the time!)
So, this morning I had to be a big girl and call the dentist to see if I could be seen today. Fortunately, they had an 11 am appointment available, and as soon as I hung up the phone, I started getting Zoey and myself ready to go (I didn't call until around 9; procrastination is my strong suit!)
My appointment went really well. I got all of the numbing medicine necessary for me not to be a nervous wreck, my tooth looks great, and Zoey was pretty agreeable as she watched from her car seat. When they had first brought me back to the chair, a lady from the front desk followed close behind and offered to hold Zoey if she became restless. Then, on my way out, she said, in a disappointed tone, "Aw, you made it". Haha, sometimes I forget that people's casual offer to hold Zoey, is really them saying "Please, please, can I hold her??" Maybe next time :)
One of the reasons Zoey stayed in a good mood, even while the doctor was blocking her view of me, was because he gave her a shiny, new baby toothbrush for her to explore. She loved it! The technician told me to make sure I practice using the toothbrush as often as possible, so that when Zoey's teeth really come in, and it's time to use it, she'll be well adjusted.
A repaired tooth and a new toothbrush...not a bad deal!
Thankful, Day 26: I am thankful for the amazing health care Michael's work offers, and the great dentists and doctors we've found.

No comments:
Post a Comment