Zoey LOVES pears!
Woohoo, we are off to a great start with our food testing!
So, I know I should be embarrassed by this next picture, but I have decided to embrace it. Instead of "ghetto fabulous", I'm going with "clever ingenuity"! Ha!
All out of Swifer pads?? A cloth and some masking tape work just fine!
I am so sick of having to buy refills for this Swifer Wet Jet mop; I think I'm going to give the Libman Wonder Mop (or something like it) a try. I don't really want to cart around a mop and bucket, but I can't afford a Shark (Pardon me while I pray: "Oh Dear Baby Jesus and Santa, I have been REALLY good this year!!"), and the Swifer refills just don't seem that practical anymore. Hmmm...
Anyway...
Making a mess with her cup of water.
I have to tilt it back so she can get at the little bit that's in there, but she loves to just hold it to her mouth :)
As nap time neared this afternoon, Zoey was fighting it a bit, so I put her in the Ergo. With our Pandora station on low, I danced her around the room until she fell asleep. It's funny, I wanted her to go to sleep so I could get a few things done, but once I finally got my wish, I didn't want to put her down! She was so warm and snuggly...I kept telling myself, "Ok, I'll put her down in 2 minutes". Yeah, I ended up holding her for almost the entire nap. By the time I tried to put her down, she was back to a light sleep, and woke up shortly after her little body touched the crib mattress!
I swear, that super soft blanket has magical powers!
Just like her giraffe lovie, as soon as it touches her face, her eyes close and she starts rooting. Love that thing!
So, I don't like to talk politics, but today was Election Day and there's really no getting around it.
So, all I'll say is, "BOOYAH!"
I have a similar picture from 2008, when I watched the election results in my dorm room at Gonzaga. We all cheered then, and I was cheering again tonight ;)
Thankful, Day 6: I am thankful that I get to rock my baby girl to sleep every day. I know I am blessed to be able to stay home with Zoey, and little things like putting her down for a nap, still mean the world to me. I don't ever want to take those things for granted.

No comments:
Post a Comment