Friday, November 16, 2012

Birthday Dinner

Because I’m going to be out with my mom and aunt tomorrow night (on my actual birthday), Michael and I decided to do an early birthday dinner tonight. I love going out to eat and I was definitely going to use my birthday as another excuse to do so. I chose BJ’s Restaurant in Tukwila; the food is really good, the prices are right and they have one of the best desserts I’ve ever had! 

All dressed up for Mommy's birthday!

Having some fun while waiting for to Daddy to get home.

She's still exploring her new "drum"...or is it a "guitar"? 

Once seated at the restaurant, we ordered our meals and then fed Zoey her broccoli. She did pretty well in the highchair, until she got tired and demanded to be held. Keeping with the routine we've perfected, I ate my food while Michael held Zoey, and then we switched. Eventually, she fell asleep, and we finished our evening with normal, adult conversation and yummy dessert. 


Once Zoey was fed and content, I enjoyed my glass of birthday wine!

A few years back, I signed up to receive emails from BJ’s, and by doing so, I also receive a free Pizookie dessert on my birthday. For those of you who have never experienced the deliciousness that is a Pizookie, it’s a cookie that’s baked in it's own deep dish pan and served with vanilla bean ice cream on top. The best part about the cookie is that they leave it slightly underdone, so it’s extra soft and moist! YUM! This year I went with the Red Velvet Pizookie and it was amazing!


Mmm, right after this picture, we wasted no time devouring my dessert!
(Yes, I shared! Wasn't that nice of me? ;)

We had such a great dinner and it even felt a bit like a date night, once Zoey was asleep. I'm really glad we decided to go out, just the three of us. It was pretty special.

Thankful, Day 16: I am thankful for Pizookies! No joke...they're awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment