Sunday, November 18, 2012

Girl Time

My poor baby girl has a huge bruise on her forehead! Yesterday, while Michael was watching Zoey, she got a little too comfortable while standing and face planted onto the base of a chair! Michael felt terrible (I've been there!) and I was pretty shocked when I first saw it. Thankfully, Zoey is totally fine.

This afternoon, after dragging myself out of bed, our friend Katie came over to hang out. She had asked if I was in need of some "girl time" and if she could bring over a movie. How could I say no to that?? When she arrived, I was in the middle of making a late lunch and Michael was preparing to take Zoey to the store, so Katie and I could watch the movie in peace. We agreed on My Week With Marilyn (she brought over a few movies to choose from), and enjoyed some yummy chicken and artichoke pizza while we watched. I have to say, I was a little disappointed with the movie, but the girl time was much appreciated! While Michael and Zoey were gone, Katie and I also got in some good girl talk (she is the girlfriend of our close friend Sean)! Good conversation, food and entertainment=a great afternoon.

Hmm, I wonder if I can just put her in here instead of getting a baby gate??
CPS won't mind, right?

As I headed upstairs to start Zoey's bedtime routine, I commented on how I could probably get her hair into pigtails if I really wanted to. Before we headed back down so Michael could say goodnight to her, I quickly gathered up some of her hair and secured it with a hair clip. Michael cracked up as soon as he saw us come around the corner! 

Cindy Lou Who...is that you?

I love it!
Hopefully she and I will bond over doing her hair, and not go to battle over it! ;)

Thankful, Day 18: I am thankful for Zoey's full head of hair! I was so afraid she was going to be bald! When I found out we were having a girl, that was one of the things I wished for the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment