Today, I put some apple pieces in Zoey's "Fresh Food Feeder" that she got for Christmas. It's pretty cool; you stuff food inside the pouch, snap it closed and then hand it to your child. I will admit, I gave it a little test nibble before handing it over, and knew right away that Zoey was going to have to get over the feeling of mesh in her mouth, before she'd enjoy the taste of the apples inside.
Apple chunks in...
Who needs a diamond ring when you've got a giant, plastic one that slowly dispenses food through a mesh pouch?!
She dove right in!
Not loving the feel of the mesh, and adjusting to the taste of the apple juice.
Pretty soon, she warmed up to the idea of using it and started to have a little fun.
She even held onto it as she went for a little walk
(That's one thing I really like about the Fresh Feeder: other than possibly choking on some of the juices, I don't have to worry about letting Zoey roam around while eating from it. There is no way for her to get a piece of food in her mouth, and therefore, less chance of an accident.)
Ditched the feeder for the plastic bag dispenser!
(Just like with any other piece of food, Zoey's hands still got a little sticky, and so did the floor when the feeder sat, abandoned.)
For dinner, I has some ground turkey and, like always, was searching for a creative way to use it. I decided to roll out a ball of our favorite dough from Safeway and make a pizza! I ended up piling ground turkey, tomatoes, onions, mozzarella cheese and spinach, on top of a garlic and brown butter sauce. Other than needing to put the spinach underneath one of the other ingredients (Oops!), it turned out great and was super flavorful.
Michael said "Babe, I don't think I've ever seen ground turkey on a pizza before. You're a pioneer!"
At first, I took his comment as a sign that he didn't care for it, but he quickly scarfed down multiple pieces. Success :)
No comments:
Post a Comment