Tuesday, January 15, 2013

No, Uh-Oh

As we were getting ready to leave the house this afternoon, I changed Zoey's diaper and let her crawl around her room for a few minutes. In that short amount of time, she managed to tear through everything like a little tornado! At one point, she pulled up on the diaper pail, into the standing position, and began to rock. I told her to be careful, and then something told me to start recording her. She was in a good mood, which usually means she'll honor requests for waves or claps and will mimic words. 

She looks like she's about to start break dancing or something! 
All of her crawling keeps her pant legs pushed up!

Saying "No" and "Uh-oh" 1/15/13
Humoring her momma :)

I noticed early on today that Zoey has a bit of a cough and some phlegm. I'm praying it doesn't turn into anything more, but unfortunately, we have had some contact with sick kids over the past few days (PLEASE keep your kids out of play groups when they're sick!! Grr!). Zoey has yet to have a cold and I'm hoping her time hasn't come.


Not appreciating getting bundled up before leaving the house

"Sorry Zoey, the hat stays! And it still looks cute, even crooked." 

After making our way through what felt like every store in the Supermall, we finally returned the dreaded pink Christmas coat to OshKosh and took the store credit over to Carter's (love that the two stores are part of the same company!). A lot of new Spring clothes have arrived, and new arrivals are always put on sale for the first little while. I spent way too long debating over which one piece swimsuit to get Zoey, and finally just left empty handed. Decisions, decisions... :)

After the mall, we met Michael at Costco to look at computers. I am in dire need of a new laptop, but sadly, there was nothing in our price range. After cruising for samples, we stopped to lounge like bums on a few comfy recliners (there was even a child size one for Zoey!) and then grabbed pizza and a berry smoothie for dinner. Our trip came to a sad, yet hilarious, end when I set my smoothie on the roof of my car while I loaded Zoey into her car seat, and it immediately slid off and splattered as it hit the concrete! Turns out there was a patch of ice on the roof and I happened to set my cup right on it. Ah well, can't win 'em all. But I sure did pick up what was left of the smoothie and drink from the side of the cup that hadn't touched the ground! Yes, I wanted it that badly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment