Today was our first family trip to one of our local community pools! Zoey really loves bath time, so we had our fingers crossed, hoping she'd love being in the pool just as much.
I had so much fun getting her dressed. I bought some Pampers Splashers diapers and she already had a bathing suit that was a gift from some family friends.
Showing off her special swimming diapers!
I can't get over how big she is!!
And how much she looks like her daddy!
Her adorable REI swimsuit skirt and cotton top.
Baby's got some juicy thighs!
(I'm gonna get in trouble for this years from now, I just know it!)
We may have been going to the pool, but it was still cold outside!
When we arrived, the ladies at the front desk gave us a few pointers on how to introduce Zoey to the pool. After ditching her cotton top (decided it was just going to soak up water and weigh her down), we took their advice and started in the big lap pool.
She was smiling from the moment her toes touched the water!
"Mom, quit holding me back! I want to swim!"
After about 10 minutes in the big pool, we grabbed a few toys and transitioned into the smaller, warmer, teaching pool. Zoey had an absolute blast! Again, following the advice of the pool staff, we dunked Zoey under a few times, the way they explained. Right before putting her under, Michael blew in her face (so she'd hold her breath) and then he quickly passed her to me. The first time she came up, she took in a bit of water and started choking. I immediately freaked out and demanded we not do it again. But once Michael calmed us both down, we gave it another try and it went a lot smoother. I don't care what anyone says, it is absolutely terrifying, purposely putting your child, who has no idea what's about to happen to them, under water. Even though it was quick, I didn't enjoy it very much. Each time she came up, I forced myself to smile and cheer, but my stomach was in knots!
Once the dunking was over, my smile was genuine and the fun continued :)
While in this position, she kicked her legs a few times!
Something tells me she's going to be a great swimmer.
Between the two of us, Michael is definitely the water person in our little family (which I'm so thankful for when it comes to our kids), but I really did enjoy being in the pool with Zoey. She was so happy and, if something brings her that much joy, I'm glad to do it!
Our first trip to the pool was a success!
No comments:
Post a Comment