Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Kitchen Floor

The following conversation took place this evening as Michael was playing with Zoey, and I was distracted by his footwear:

Me: (shaking my head) "Why are your socks like that?!"
Michael: (looking down at his mismatched socks) "...Who matches up my socks??"
Me: "First of all, I didn't do that! And secondly, you still put them on your feet!!"

Sheesh! I know he wakes up early, and keeps the room dark so he doesn't wake me, but there is really no excuse for carrying on to work with mismatched socks! And trying to blame me? Oh, no, I don't think so honey! LOL


Picking up carrots

After I put Zoey to bed, I stood in my kitchen and was overwhelmed by all of the stuff on the floor. I decided to jot everything down, and am still shocked by how long the list actually is!

On my kitchen floor, at this moment, there is:
  • A brush
  • A chip clip
  • A piece of Tupperware 
  • A toy telephone
  • A remote control car remote
  • A wine bottle cover
  • An insulated lunch bag
  • A plastic ladle 
  • An empty Amazon package box
  • An ice cube tray
  • An unused dog kennel
  • And the ever-present assortment of crumbs!


All of these (except for the crumbs and the dog kennel) have been put on the floor, by either me or Zoey, to help keep her occupied/entertained while she's in the kitchen with me. An obstacle course of random objects; there is a surprise around each corner of the kitchen island! And even with all of these things at her disposal, my sweet little trouble maker still constantly tries to climb into the dishwasher while I'm loading it, or make a beeline for the hot oven, just as I'm trying to open it! *sigh*


I have to give a quick shout out to my Aunt Angie for getting us a brand new, wonderfully fancy, video baby monitor! It came through her work as a sample, and she was kind enough to pass it on to us (our old one (also a gift) has been on the fritz for a while now). We all know how attached I am to my video monitor and being able to see Zoey, and I was totally freaked when ours started to act up. We would never have been able to afford a new video monitor (they are RIDICULOUSLY expensive), so this is a huge blessing, and major relief for this panicky first-time mommy! A million thanks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment