Monday, January 14, 2013

KinderMusik

Silly girl, trying to stand up while under the chair!

One of my girlfriends takes her son to a weekly music class called KinderMusik and she suggested I find a class in my area to take Zoey to. People can become licensed to teach the KinderMusik curriculum, and come to find out, there are a few different locations in our area. I signed up online to attend a free preview class (a free class) and we went this morning.

The class was pretty fun; Zoey and I both enjoyed the change of scenery and the wide range of activities. We did everything from singing songs, to twirling ribbons, to soothing baby massage, to quiet storytime. The class was almost an hour long and all of the other parent-child pairs were really nice (there was even another 9 month old Zoey!) The only downside to KinderMusik, is it's cost. The class schedule is divided into seasons and then it's $64 a month (or $16 a class). Compared to our FREE weekly storytime at our local library, that seems a little steep. I asked if it was okay to just "drop-in" to classes when it was feasible, and the instructor said she prefers that we register (Not sure what that even means?? I guess that's a "No"?).  

So, because we sing songs, bounce around and listen to stories at our library storytime, I think we're going to stick with free, for now. The other Zoey and her mom were also first-timers to the class and the mom mentioned that they checked out The Little Gym earlier this morning and liked it much better. Hmmm, something else to try out. There is a fee for TLG as well, so we'll have to see if it's something we just can't pass up...It's no secret how much Zoey loves to crawl, sprawl and climb!

This afternoon, Zoey tried blueberries in her applesauce! As with every other new food, she wasn't sure about the texture at first. She warmed up to it pretty quickly though, and now I'm pretty sure we've got a blueberry fan on our hands :) (Time to break out the Oxyclean!)

Deciding if she's going to tolerate it...

She had to spit each one out at least once before actually eating it.
The blueberries were already super soft, so it didn't take much for them to dribble down her chin!

Snoopin' in the Tupperware cabinet

After lunch, Zoey and I headed out to my mom's house. On the way, driving on 405 North was quite an adventure. Not only did I encounter drivers on their cell phones, but a couple people were even swerving out of their lanes, oblivious to the other drivers around them! I was getting so frustrated, I finally honked at a woman in the lane next to me who was looking down at her phone. She didn't even look up! Crazy. I know if I hear a honk while I'm driving, I look around to see where it came from and assess whether I'm in any danger. I'm carting around precious cargo and if anyone ever hams my Zoe Zoe, they're going to wish they had never met me!

Happy as can be :)

No comments:

Post a Comment