Zoey had her 9 month check-up this morning! She did an awesome job and her pediatrician said that everything looks great. Unfortunately, this visit also included a booster shot for the flu vaccine, but Zoey handled it exceptionally well! I was able to distract her with whispers and kisses, so once she got poked, she let out a wail, but I was able to pick her up before she even had the chance to cry! Whoever coined the phrase "No pain, No gain" had obviously never watched a child in pain! The less time they have to let it sink in, the better!
Miss Zoey weighs 20 lbs 15 oz (86%), is 2 feet 5 inches tall (89%) and has a head circumference of 44.8 cm (72%). She had lost a few ounces since her last visit, but due to her increased mobility, that is to be expected. The doctor said she is starting to head towards the middle of the charts and will likely move towards the "Tall and Thin" side of things. Actually, he said it looks like she's moving towards "Dad". If that's true, I think she could do much worse.
My little bear, cruisin' through Target.
Our first "Missing a sock when we returned to the car" incident!
(Luckily, it was found)
As I stood at the kitchen island, doing a few things on the computer, I did my usual guilty pleasure browse through my Facebook news feed. While reading a friend's status update, I spotted an add out of the corner of my eye that had a bride in it. I glanced at it, looked back at my feed and then quickly looked back at the ad. I knew the bride looked familiar...very familiar, actually. It was me!!
Ha! I remember when I signed the Men's Wearhouse release forms, the list of possible uses was long and included "Internet". But it never dawned on me that a photo might pop up on the side of my Facebook page!
Of course I took a picture of my computer screen!
(And then used the "Print Screen" feature on my computer, so I'll always have a copy of what my computer screen looked like at that moment :)
Tonight I made a second round of ground beef for Zoey and really played with the texture. Instead of a fine, soupy puree, I left the beef a little bit chunky and added in some carrot and pea puree. It took her a few bites to get used to the new consistency, and I had to figure out how much she could handle at one time. Once we figured that out, she really enjoyed it.
Being dramatic, per usual!
Being silly, per usual!
She loved spreading it around on her tray and occasionally trying to get some into her mouth.
Mealtimes are now a good combination of spoon and self feeding.

No comments:
Post a Comment