Sunday, January 13, 2013

Clipped Wings

This morning, one of Michael's co-workers hosted a game watch party for the Seahawks game against the Falcons. She and her husband prepared impressive amounts of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, and biscuits & gravy! That, combined with pastries and treats brought by guests, was enough to feed a small army. And it was a good thing, too, because a ton of people showed up! 

The game was a nail-biter, which made it really fun to watch. Unfortunately, it was a tragic last-minute upset and the Hawks lost, 28-30. Our wings have been clipped; no shot at the Superbowl for us! 

Wearing Daddy's hat, looking sad after the loss! 
Our friend Randy told her, "Maybe next year" :)

All the excitement from the party this morning must have really wore Zoey out because she went right to bed tonight. Actually, she has been going down pretty easily all week. I'll nurse and snuggle her until she pulls away, and then set her in the crib while she's still awake. As much as I love rocking her to sleep, I really don't mind this new development. It just means that I get downstairs to my relaxing glass of wine or tea, that much sooner :)

When I came downstairs tonight, this is how I found my husband. He was on the floor, watching a movie about Mt. Everest. He has been watching movies and documentaries about Everest for over a week now, and he looked like an excited child as he watched tonight's selection!

Not pleased with being distracted, nor with having his picture taken.
(Look at his feet; tense with excitement and suspense! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment