Friday, January 25, 2013

Pom Pom Socks

Today was a definite "TGIF" kind of Friday! I had things that I wanted/needed to get done, but Zoey was determined to have me hold her, ALL DAY! And when I wasn't holding her, I was following her around, making sure she was staying out of the dog water and/or the garbage can (her newest obsession...).

"Aww, you're stuck outside? That's too bad...More dog water for me!"

"Where'd she go? Was it something I said??"

"Hi Mom! Just playing with the garbage can, even though you told me not to and I know I'm not supposed to!" 

Somehow I managed to make some apple-pear-blueberry sauce and get it into my cute new storage containers :)
(These are the first of two sets of food containers that I got for Christmas. Can't wait to try out the other brand!)

One thing that brought on a much needed laugh was when I felt Zoey playing with my sock, but I wasn't sure why she was so fascinated. When I looked down, I was reminded that I was wearing my oh-so-stylish, cheetah pom pom socks!

Got these babies from the bowling alley the time I forgot to bring a pair of my own socks. I think they were $2, but I'd say it was worth it; I didn't get athlete's foot from a well worn bowling shoe AND I chuckle every time I catch myself wearing them around the house! Score!

After Zoey's bath, I applied her new Aveeno baby lotion and tried to remember the massage techniques I was shown at KinderMusik. As I massaged her legs and secured a new diaper, I discovered that she now has some diaper rash. Ugh, seriously?! After I nursed her, I held her tight and rocked her for a while longer after she fell asleep. Today was rough, but looking at her sleeping peacefully, and knowing that there's a glass of wine waiting for me downstairs, makes everything right again.

Something else to brighten a dull day? Getting a phone call from your mom, saying that your commercial has been upload to Youtube. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment