Sunday, January 20, 2013

Baptism Brunch

This morning was Zoey's cousin Ryan's baptism. Initially, I wasn't sure if I wanted to take Zoey, but ultimately decided to give it a shot. I notified Mike's sister about her cold ahead of time and she said she didn't mind if we still brought her. 

I'm glad we ended up going; the baptism was really nice and we enjoyed a fantastic brunch afterwards. My favorite dish was a southwestern quiche that my SIL made. The best, and most unexpected, thing about it: it had a cornbread crust! Yum!

As Zoey played with some of her cousins' toys, I tried to keep her, and the toys she had, separated from the other kids, in an effort to limit the spread of any germs. I was doing a pretty good job, until she got a hold of Ryan's walker. I don't remember if someone brought it to her attention, or if she crawled over to it on her own, but before we knew it, she was up and walking with it! We couldn't believe it. She absolutely loved the new found freedom and now it looks like we know what our next toy purchase will be!

Although she was a bit uncomfortable, overall, Zoey did a great job this morning. We actually stayed out a lot longer than I had planned; I could tell she was enjoying being in the presence of other people again (we skipped library story time and swimming this week). I just hope this sickness is on it's way OUT of our house (I now have a sore throat. Boo!)

Wrapped my baby up to carry her in from the car :)

I don't get to hold her like this as often as I used to.

Nothing better than holding her close :)

No comments:

Post a Comment