Zoey woke up extremely early this morning and just moments into her attempt to nurse, it was clear that she needed some assistance. Once again, I steamed up the bathroom and we sat in the dark, with the door cracked just enough to let in a tiny stream of light. As we rocked, she slowly drifted back to sleep, occasionally letting out the tiniest, sweetest little whimpers I've ever heard.
By 6:30, everyone was out of bed as Michael prepared to leave for a hike with his cousin and friend. As he peeked his head into the bathroom to say good-bye, I, not trilled with his choice to leave, gave him an admittedly cold send off. I knew yesterday that he was going to be leaving this morning, but I had no way of knowing that I'd be up so early with our sick child. A little part of me hoped that the sight of us in the dark bathroom, me fighting to keep my eyes open, would cause him to change his mind about leaving us...but he didn't seem the least bit phased...
Unfortunately for him, the rest of the time spent rocking Zoey, was also spent fine tuning my argument and all of the things I wanted to tell him when he got home (i.e. "Why is it just assumed that I'm the only one who can sweat it out with Zoey at 5:30 in the morning. She's YOUR daughter TOO!"). Grrr...
And the fact that Zoey hasn't been having tantrums lately, but rather full on EXPLOSIONS, did not help the situation at all. She has also taken to wiping her snotty nose on my shoulder each time she turns to avoid the tissue I'm trying to wipe it with! Oh yes, I was one irritated momma!
Snuggled in the swing for a second morning nap :)
After refusing to eat her applesauce and blueberries, but agreeing to drink a little bit of water, Zoey fell asleep again, giving me time to take a quick shower. By about 3:30, both Michael and my mom were at the house. Once she woke up, Zoey was able to enjoy a short visit with her granny, who was sent straight to the couch to rest after coming from a hair appointment. Still not fully recovered, my mom has been bending the rules while I've been occupied here at home! Tisk, tisk ;)
Michael did come home with some pretty cool shots from the mountain.
No comments:
Post a Comment