Sunday, January 6, 2013

Spreading Joy

My mom is doing really well and I'm sure a little part of that has to do with Zoey's presence. She brings my mom, and anyone else for that matter, so much joy; even when she's just sitting there, not saying or doing a thing (like that happens often? Lol). Despite being frustrated that she can't pick her up (she's not allowed to lift anything over 10 pounds), she is so happy to have her close by. 

At first, I wasn't sure how I was going to handle having Zoey with me while taking care of my mom, but so far, we're doing OK. She keeps me company while my mom sleeps and keeps us laughing throughout the day. She has toys to play with and plenty of room to roam around. She's like the assistant nurse; she is the good guy when I have to be, as my mom affectionately calls me, "The Warden"! 

("Get back in bed!", "You're sitting up too much", "Make [your trip to the bathroom] QUICK!", "Drink more water with your meds!" Hehehe, just doing my job ;)

Ready for take off!
(Trying to get out of eating her carrots)

No comments:

Post a Comment