Last night, after dinner, we went over to my mom's house. After putting Zoey to bed, we played a hilariously frustrating game of Electronic Monopoly! Everything started out OK...and then it happened! My dear husband, who is good at pretty much any task/sport/game he attempts, pulled into the lead and got nasty! He was acquiring properties left and right, and collecting rent on those properties with a devilish grin on his face! Pretty soon, my mom and I were bargaining, refinancing, and at times, giving our best "sad puppy dog eyes", all in an effort to keep the few properties we had!! Michael is loving and kind, but pity you during a game, he will not! He would call himself doing us a favor by taking one our properties in exchange for rent we owed him (in this game, prices are real, you're dealing with credit cards instead of cash, and hotels on a property can bring rent up into the millions!). He'd say, "You can't afford to keep it, so I'm helpin' you out!" Ha! The game was so fun, in all it's name calling, tear-inducing glory.
Although we were playing an intense game, we still paused to acknowledge when the clock struck midnight. With salt and rice on the table, and a dollar in my pocket, I wished for a fun, fulfilling, prosperous year.
Silly girl, wearing Granny's headband :)
My mom and I are clearly gluttons for punishment, because we dove right into another game of monopoly this afternoon! I had high hopes and secrets strategies, all of which came crashing down as Michael slowly started rising up once again! I even took a picture of the board, just so you could see how bad things got. That's all of his properties on the left (along with everyone's credit cards!). Those three red cards, next to the credit card machine, those are my mortgaged properties that I refused to surrender. I may have gone bankrupt, but I wanted to end with something in front of me! My mom, in the back, ended with nothing! I do recall Michael taking everything because she owed him too much rent!
And that is why he was dubbed a "Sleazy, money-grubbing, rent collector!" ;)
Round 2: Seeking Revenge...only to be crushed again!
Making sweet music :)
No comments:
Post a Comment