Saturday, January 5, 2013

Pick Me Up

Zoey and I followed up yesterday's late night, with another early morning. I was up at 6 AM, getting dressed and going over the grocery list my mom put together. I needed to give myself time to find her neighborhood Safeway, and then make my way through it, before picking her up from the hospital. I didn't know exactly what time she'd be discharged, so I wanted to be ready when she called. 

Zoey was sleeping so soundly when we got home last night, that I didn't even bother changing her into pajamas.
(Don't worry, I checked to make sure she could breathe while sleeping like that :)

In order to get everything on the grocery list, I had to go to Safeway, Fred Meyer and a Rite Aid (Darn you, Erin's Popcorn!). Once we got everything home and put away, it was pretty much time to turn around and leave again. When we arrived at the hospital, it was a smooth pick-up, and then I did my best to drive without making any sudden stops or jerks (tough to do when driving downtown, alongside crazy drivers and careless pedestrians!). 

My mom was in good spirits as I helped her into bed, and other than dropping by her room to deliver medication and food, Zoey and I let her be. She's still pretty exhausted, and I imagine she will be for another day or two.

Check out her one-sided, feathered 'do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment